The carrara and giallo di siena marble monument was installed in the side aisle at Sant’ Agatha dei Goti in Rome and dedicated by Raymond Leo Cardinal Burke October 25, 2012. It celebrates the holy life and work of Blessed Columba Marmion, O.S.B., Benedictine abbot of Maredsous Abbey in Belgium. He was ordained a Catholic priest in the Church of Sant’ Agatha in 1881 before joining the Benedictine order in 1886 with the permission of his bishop. His written works include Christ, the Life of the Soul and Christ in His Mysteries. Blessed Columba Marmion, O.S.B., was declared “Blessed” by His Holiness Blessed John Paul II in the year 2000, and the monument placque was commissioned by Raymond Leo Cardinal Burke. The bas relief of Blessed Columba in statuario marble was sculpted by sculptor Giuseppe Ducrot of Rome.